Monday, November 7, 2011

Progress Part Two

Sorry for the short note earlier. I am trying to minimize my data roaming charges.

So upon arrival at the airport, I was pleased to see that there is now an arriving terminal. Much improved since last time. Things seemed to be more civilized around the airport. For that I was thankful.

Our day was at a new school just outside Port Au Prince. Pictures are coming. It is beautiful and 135 attend. It is for theological studies. We met so many amazing students and professors. I am so glad to see education as a priority.

Our travels from the school to my hotel was 9 miles....it took 2.5 hours. The roads are still awful, but I did see some new construction going on, which made me smile. Once at the hotel, I was thrilled to find out that I had a door that locked and warm water. What a treat. Tonight we are having dinner at the beautiful home of John Engle and his beautiful wife Merline in Petionville. What a treat.

Early meetings tomorrow. More later !!

No comments:

Post a Comment