Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011 Part Two

I arrived safely at the port au prince airport this morning. Things were a bit unnerving getting into the airport. Everyone wants to carry your suitcase for $1. Problem is that you don't know who will actually carry it and who will take it and run. I just hung on to mine as tightly as I could and said no thank you more than I have ever said before!
The drive to the airport took me through some less than desirable areas. It is still so hard to believe that there are still close to a million people still living in tents, and yet in 2 short hours I will be in Miami enjoying the blessings of American soil. It makes me feel guilty for all the things I take for granted.

I will be less heavy hearted later, I promise.

More from Miami later.

No comments:

Post a Comment