Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011 Part Three

I am at the Miami airport. It feels good to be back in the US. Just like last time, I couldn't wait to leave and now can't wait to go back.

Here are some interesting and quirky notables from the trip:

So, on my way to the airport, there was a woman with a basket full of goat legs and parts on the side of the street. She had arranged its head neatly in the center for decoration. Made me think of my basket of gourds I had for Halloween on my dining room table.... A mere 5 feet away from her was a live goat munching on some trash. Poor thing had no idea how his day was going to end up :)

There are men with large baskets on their heads full of prescription drugs that wander the streets. Apparently they are mobile pharmacists. All you need to do is tell them what ails you and voila! Out comes a packet of pills. It is an interesting approach to healthcare!

There are no "lanes" on the roads. I wouldn't even call them roads. They are paths made by vehicles. It's every person for themselves and there are pedestrians everywhere. Every drive, everywhere was a white knuckle experience. If there is rubble or trash, just drive over it.

That's it for now. It's funny what sticks out in my head! Looking forward to being home later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment