Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our engines have never mattered more

I am at the Ft Lauderdale airport. My purse was lost or stolen at the Port au Prince airport. I honestly don't even care. I am so reflective of my journey it consumes me. I thought I would have slept well last night, but I didn't. I was anxious to leave Haiti, but now I want to go back. I am excited to get home and see my husband and daughter, but I want to go back. I am blessed for everything I have in my life. I am thankful that I have a job with a company I am honored to work for. I am blessed to work with so many great people. There were so many emails this week from co workers, many of whom I have never met, that I cannot respond to them all. Please know that I have read them and very much appreciate all the support and kind words. This blog is melancholy and for that I apologize. In a day or so, I will take time to remember the funny things. Anyone who knows me knows that I always have funny travel stories. Somehow humor and goofiness seem to follow me wherever I go. As always, they found me in Haiti.

Again, our engines never mattered more...

No comments:

Post a Comment