Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5:26 a.m.

I am sitting at the Fort Lauderdale airport awaiting my flight to Port au Prince. It's eerily quiet here at the airport. Perhaps everyone is tired from the long holiday weekend. I anticipated being joined on this flight by American aid volunteers. Instead, Haitians join me.

I awoke at 3:40 a.m. with feelings of anxiousness and excitement. While waiting in the security line at the airport, I finally meet John Engle, Co-Director of Haiti Partners and Allan Klotsche, who is on the advisory board of Haiti Partners. I have communicated for months by e-mail and phone with these two gentlemen and I am glad to finally meet them. They advised me that the press conference has been rescheduled until Wednesday morning and that we will travel to the countryside to meet some of the recipients of our generators.

And so the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment