Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 14, 2012

Hi. Safely back in Florida this evening.  The remainder of my evening last night consisted of door banging at 2am.  Not sure who it was but I sure didn't open the door.  The power also was out most of the night.  Weird animal noises outside my door!  Needless to say, not a great rest last night.  I left Haiti with very mixed feelings again.  As I have said many times before, I can't wait to get home but don't want to leave.  It was a productive but exhausting trip.  I am happy to have visited for the 4th time in 2 years.

So we boarded the plane in plenty of time today, but then they announced that the X-ray machine that scans the checked luggage has been broken for a month and all suitcases had to be searched by hand......wow.  That delayed us about 45 minutes.  Needless to say things weren't very organized when I opened it hear in Florida.  :). We dodged a tropical storm of which I am very thankful.

Thanks for everyone's support the past several days.  Happy to come home tomorrow.  Looking forward to a Packer win tonight.  Go Pack!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment