Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012


First full day in Haiti complete.  I am left with my thoughts as I sit quietly in my humble room.  There were signs of improvement since my last visit earlier this year in January.  Small albeit, but improvements nonetheless.  I learned there is a "saying" in Haiti that I had not heard before.  "little by little" is the mantra here.  Makes sense to me because the improvements are slow and small.  

Being here with the Board of Haiti Partners is truly amazing.  These folks are so dedicated to helping with the future of education here, which is key to any change that will happen.  We are a very diverse board, which brings a wealth of knowledge and experience.  We have a couple of new members who have never been to Haiti before.  It is interesting to see their faces.  Very similar to mine, i am sure, when i arrived for the first time.  Tomorrow will be a full day of visiting schools that either have been built or are being built, which is so good for the children.  Again, progress....

More tomorrow.....

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment