Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 2012

Hi all.  Slept ok last night.  Had some angry birds (not like the game!)  outside my room, but they finally quieted around 2am.  We visited 3 schools today that were built by Haiti Partner.  Incredible work.  Happy children and college age adults.  Great progress.  There were some very spiritual moments.  It was humbling.

Travel in Haiti continues to be a challenge, but I see construction and lots of new buildings.   Signs of a rebirth...hooray!  There is still much to be done.  I continue to be hopeful.  Perhaps that is my "glass half full" side, but I refuse to let that go.  We traveled 4 or so miles at the end of the day today. It took 1.5 hours.   Ugh.   We had another dinner this evening at the home of John and Merline Engle, who is the coFounder of Haiti Partners, along with Kent Annan.  Wonderful people.  I can't say enough about their dedication.

We had a storm blow threw early this evening, the likes of which I have not seen in some time.  Periodic power outages, washed out roads, etc, so I am blessed to be back in my hotel relatively unscathed.   Took a wonderful tumble earlier on the rocky road to their house.  Nothing a couple of band-aids couldn't fix.   It was incredibly hot and humid today. Ready for a cool shower and bed.  

I actually saw a fix it shop, or what we would normally call a dealer, working on one of our pressure washers.  Awesome.

More tomorrow.  Thanks all. Good night!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment